A recent poll revealed some alarming statistics:
- 66% of millennials cannot identify Auschwitz.
- 22% of millennials cannot define the Holocaust.
And revealed some encouraging news:
- 93% agree that the Holocaust should be taught in school.
- 80% believe it is important to keep teaching about the Holocaust so it doesn’t happen again.
This landmark bi-partisan legislation would create a new grant program, within the US Department of Education to provide teachers across the country the relevant resources, tools and training to teach school children about the Holocaust and the repercussions that hate and intolerance can have on our society.
What could this mean for students and teachers in the Philadelphia region?
- More students listening to eyewitness survivor testimony provided by our local Holocaust survivors.
- More teachers given the tools and training to teach about the Holocaust provided by our staff and critical partners.
- More awareness about the consequences of hatred and intolerance in our community.